During the 1950’s, a small group gathered to hold services in Winnie St, Cremorne at what became known as ‘The Crewie’. As the synagogue grew and funds were collected to finance land and building acquisition, a site was found at the present Neutral Bay. The foundation stone was laid in Aug 1959 by J. Lewinnek. In 1960 Cremorne Synagogue was opened at its present site.
In 1999, renovations to the shule including air conditioning, kitchen remodelling and
internal updates took place.